A “mock trial” is a simulation of a lower-court trial (“moot court” simulates appellate court hearings). Our program offers students the opportunity to participate in a rehearsed, interactive fictional trial so that they can learn firsthand the Court’s role in the judicial branch of government.
- Students play the roles of attorneys, witnesses, jurors and judge • Accommodates anywhere from six to 20 active participants (generally, there is no limit on the number of audience members)
- Open to all educational, community-based organizations
- Designed for students in grades 2-8 but can also accommodate older students
- Students must prepare and rehearse roles before actual mock trial in the courthouse
- Below are links to resource materials, including instructions and mock trial cases: