Access for Disabled Persons - Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is the policy of Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara to assure that qualified individuals with disabilities have equal and full access to the judicial system.
If special accommodation is needed, the Court may provide aids and services, like assistive listening devices. If you need an accommodation, write, call or visit the courthouse where your case will be, to let the Court know what you need. (See the list of courthouse locations with mailing addresses ). Try to do this at least 5 days before your court date. The Court cannot make accommodations that would change the nature of our services, activities or programs, or that would cause undue financial or administrative burdens. The law does not require the Court to make these kinds of changes.
The email contact for the Court's ADA Coordinator is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some helpful documents related to ADA and access:
- Court ADA Policy for the Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara
- California Rules of Court 1.100 - State Court policy on requests for accommodations by persons with disabilities
- Persons with Disabilities: Q&A on Rule of Court 1.100 - Information from the Judicial Council Access and Fairness Advisory Committee
- Deaf or Hearing Impaired Information on TDD - Telecommunications Devices for the Deaf
- Request for Accommodations by Persons with Disabilities - State Court form MC 410
|TDD#||ADA Request||Phone Number|
|ADA Coordinator||(408) 882-2787||Georgia Ku (email)||(408) 882-2700|
ADA Information by Courthouse
|Hall of Justice||(408) 808-6626||Clerk’s Office||
|Juvenile Justice||(408) 808-6262||Clerk’s Office||(408) 808-6200|
|Old Courthouse||(408) 882-2690||Clerk’s Office (DTS)||(408) 882-2100|
|Palo Alto Courthouse||(650) 470-3921||Clerk’s Office||(650) 462-3800|
|Santa Clara Courthouse - Traffic Court||(408) 556-3093||Clerk’s Office||(408) 556-3000|
|South County Courthouse||(408) 695-5199||Clerk’s Office||(408) 695-5000|