Welcome to Online Mediation Orientation
Mediation gives parents the opportunity to create a parenting plan for the care of their children after separation. Prior to attending Mediation, you must complete this online Orientation program to learn important facts regarding child custody mediation; including the following:
- The mediation process
- Emotional issues and children's needs
- Parenting and parent communication
Who Should Participate
Anyone is welcome to view the Online Orientation Program. Please do not submit the information at the end of the course if you do not have a case in Santa Clara County.
Mediation Orientation must be completed if:
- You and the other parent have a child custody or visitation dispute, and
- You or the other parent has filed a motion for child custody in Santa Clara County, and
- You and the other parent have been ordered to Family Court Services Mediation, or
- You are joined party to a case that has been ordered to Family Court Services Mediation
What to Expect
There are four videos to watch, each followed by a review. At the end of the process, you will be able to complete a form to send information to Family Court Services. Plan for a minimum of 45 minutes to complete the entire program.
Click the "Start Orientation Now" button below to start the program. Read through each part of the orientation program. Once you have completed a section, click on the link on the last page to continue.
To create a record of your participation at the end of the program, you will need to provide the following required information:
- Contact Information
How to Schedule Mediation Appointments After Completing Orientation
Submit the intake information at the end of the Mediation Orientation program. When Family Court Services has received the intake information from all parties, an appointment for mediation will be mailed to you at the address you provide. Each party may reschedule their mediation appointment once by calling Family Court Services at 408-534-5760